Thirty years of building Toronto’s workforce development system by tackling the tough questions, providing timely labour market data, and mobilizing communities.
We know that a high functioning employment and training system gives people access to a better life and ensures more of Toronto’s businesses see sustained growth. In order to achieve this, we are committed to:
- Convening stakeholders and talking about the employment and skills development issues that matter.
- Ensuring that all Torontonians have access to the right labour market information at the right time.
- Fighting for inclusive skill development approaches that can contribute to addressing the needs of some of Toronto’s most important communities who have long suffered inequities.
- Prioritizing the needs of the small business community. They are the backbone of Toronto’s economy and will drive future growth.
- Rejecting policy approaches that occur in silos or do not understand the lived experience of Toronto’s people and businesses.
Our board is comprised of passionate leaders from Toronto’s business, industry, and non-profit communities. Our staff is committed to action-based research and data analysis that can be used by the workforce development system to support Toronto’s vibrant and diverse economy.
Services we Provide
At its core – TWIG is a non-profit and independent research organization devoted to finding and promoting solutions to employment-related problems in the Toronto Region. To that end we:
- Produce timely, usable, accurate, and accessible labour market information (LMI).
- Design tools and approaches towards facilitating career, education and workplace decision-making for Toronto industry, workers, and job-seekers.
- Support programs and policy makers to determine what works for whom in workforce development – whether it is youth struggling to enter the workforce, midcareer workers who have lost their jobs because of closings or layoffs, and older workers who must adapt to changing employment circumstances.
- Conduct rigorous but inexpensive evaluations of workforce development initiatives. Our evaluations are collaborative and understand that the best evaluation approaches do not make judgements, but are instead geared toward program improvement.
To inquire about how TWIG could provide any of these services to your organization, email email@example.com.
We are also available make LMI presentations to industry groups, students, and employment and career counsellors. To book a presentation, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Produce research and provide information that beneficially informs the actions of employers, workers and their families, and/or governments in the GTA
- Be the leading source and voice on workforce trends in the GTA
- Build partnerships of substance with organizations that will support TWIG logistically, financially, and/or reputationally to produce high-quality research
- Ensure TWIG’s activities include a focus on underrepresented groups in the workforce and provide economic mobility to narrow that gap
- Support TWIG’s capacity building, research and impact
Connect with Us
Subscribe to TWIG’s mailing list for updates. You can unsubscribe any time.